Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hair color question for pros - switching to box color?

I have been coloring my own hair for years with products from the beauty supply store. I always mix my own color because I am pretty picky about it (level 7 red/gold and a level 12 strawberry blonde). I am finding that these products are getting to be too harsh for my hair and are not covering the grays (even though they say 100% coverage). I am thinking about switching to box color but I am a natural level six and usually end up a level 8 to 9 with a 20 volume peroxide. If not, can I use a different developer with their color? Will box color let me color up 2 levels? Can I mix the box colors to get my desired color? Thanks!



Hair color question for pros - switching to box color?

With proper application, these products shouldn't destroy your hair. That's why having a professional do your hair is o important. They can touch up you base and refresh your ends with a non damaging glaze. If you continue to pull any box color or permanent color through your ends every time you color, you are unnecessarily damaging the hair.



Plus, if you want to color grey, sometimes fashion colors can't do that completely. 20 vol peroxide lifts hair 2 levels. The end result depends on underlying pigment, color used, etc. I wouldn't try mixing box color.



I'd get some recommendations from friends and family for a stylist they trust. Leave it to the pros and your hair will feel healthy and look fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment